Mindful Soul Center for Wellbeing is seeking a highly qualified clinician that is passionate about working with pregnant and postpartum women and moms with young children to join our team! This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to learn and be mentored in the field of maternal mental wellness, directly support moms in their motherhood journey, and help build community relationships and new maternal wellness programs in a new satellite office for Mindful Soul Center for Wellbeing.
Current position available is part-time, fee-for-service position and clinician must build and maintain a schedule of 15-20+ clients per week plus facilitate weekly groups and workshops. Position requires evening and/or weekend hours and some travel between office locations. This is not a 1099 contractor position.
Appropriate candidates must have advanced working knowledge of treatment of Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders (PMAD) through post-graduate training programs or review of literature in the field such as: work by Karen Kleiman and exposure to relevant maternal mental health podcasts like Dr. Kat Kaeni’s Mom & Mind podcast (these are examples of resources). Advanced post-graduate training preferred, but we are open to interviewing candidates willing to pursue further training such as the Maternal Mental Health Certificate through Postpartum Support International (next date Sept 2018) or the Post Graduate PPD Program at the Postpartum Stress Center (next date Sept 2018).
This position offers a tremendous opportunity to participate in regular mentorship meetings with our maternal mental health specialist and team meetings with practice director and other staff.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Assess and treat a full range of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMAD), including but not limited to: PPD/PPA, Postpartum OCD, Infertility Issues, Miscarriage, Traumatic Birth and/or NICU experience, and Traumatic Infant Loss.
- Demonstrate competency in utilizing evidence-based and trauma-informed treatment approaches. Experience with EMDR or other trauma-related treatment modalities is a plus!
- Teach mothers the tools to manage symptoms of anxiety, depression, and other mood disorders while regaining a sense of control and balance in their lives.
- Support women with trauma histories recover from pain of life events and trauma (such as abuse, toxic relationships, loss, traumatic childhood experiences, and other struggles) that impact their identity, relationships, and experiences in motherhood.
- Empower moms to ditch the Supermom cape, work through issues of perfectionism and worthiness in order to embrace their authentic selves.
- Offer weekly support group(s) for women with postpartum adjustment and PPD/PPA.
- Collaborate with supervision team and graduate student intern to launch additional maternal wellness services, presentations, and workshops.
We might be the place for you if you. . .
- Are passionate about working in women’s mental health
- Dream of working in a lovely office without the bureaucratic nonsense
- Seek a supportive supervisory and consultative relationship among a team while maintaining your own autonomy.
- Have a creative spirit and are energized by putting new ideas into motion.
- Want to be a part of a growing center that connects with other healers, yoga instructors, schools, and other organizations in the local community
- Personally and professionally embrace themes of mindfulness, self-compassion, bravery, and vulnerability.
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or Counseling
- Active NJ License to practice (LPC/LCSW preferred, *LAC/LSW considered)
- Must have professional liability insurance
- Has an individual NPI number and willing to complete CAQH profile if needed (insurance credentialing is not a requirement)
- Minimum of two years clinical experience working with individuals, couples, groups
- Must have experience working in areas of women’s mental health and possess relevant knowledge and training in evidence-based treatment approaches
- Adheres to the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct.
- Computer savvy and able to use electronic health records system
- Available for some late afternoon/evening and/or weekend hours for 15-20+ clients per week. Schedule may be mixed with daytime hours as well, but evening/weekend availability is required.
- Applicants may not have their own private practice.
*Clinical Supervision and Consultation
Supervision and consultation are an integral part of Mindful Soul and are offered consistently for all staff, regardless of experience or license level. For LSW and LAC applicants working towards clinical licensure, supervision is provided at no additional cost as long as caseload requirements are being met. Michelle Richardson meets all requirements of the NJ Board of Social Work Examiners for supervision, including completion of the mandatory 20 hour Clinical Supervision Course through NASW-NJ. A highly skilled and seasoned clinician, Michelle is a certified EMDR Therapist and Consultant-in-Training, offering EMDR consultation services to those clinicians in training, seeking certification, or simply looking to expand their clinical skills and use of EMDR. She has received additional training in Internal Family Systems (IFS) and utilizes both approaches to offer a truly holistic, non-pathologizing, and healing experience to her clients, supervisees, and consultees.
The staff at Mindful Soul are a carefully hand-picked group of women that demonstrate a commitment to both professional and personal growth with ever-shifting and expanding clinical skillsets.
If you would like to join our team, please send a cover letter, CV, and three professional references to Michelle Richardson at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.