Mindful Soul Center for Wellbeing is EXPANDING!!!
We are currently hiring for several therapist positions for our new office location in Burlington County (TBD), with an anticipated opening in spring or early summer of 2019!
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidates to nurture their inner therapy nerd and be a part of a practice that prides itself on mentoring, teamwork, self-discovery, and clinical growth. By joining a center known for using cutting edge and effective approaches such as EMDR, new staff will not only stretch their clinical muscles, but also help build community relationships and programs in the practice’s new location.
Current position(s) available are part-time, fee-for-service position and clinician must build and maintain a schedule of 20+ clients per week. Opportunities available to run relevant groups and workshops. Position requires evening and/or weekend hours and some travel between office locations. This is not a 1099 position. Benefits include paid sick time, health benefits, professional liability insurance, and participation in clinical supervision. Mindful Soul Center for Wellbeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assess and treat a full range of mental health issues in women, girls, tweens, and teens in a private practice, outpatient setting.
- Demonstrate competency in utilizing evidence-based and trauma-informed treatment approaches. Specialty training is a huge plus!
- Collaborate with other team members to launch additional wellness services, presentations, and workshops.
- Routine completion of required clinical documentation and scheduling of clients.
- Regular participation in staff meetings, supervision/mentorship, and other team events.
We might be the place for you if you. . .
- Are passionate about working in various areas of women’s mental health.
- Seek a highly engaged and supportive supervisory and consultative relationship among a team of other therapists. Ability to self-reflect, seek out and receive feedback, and have a hungry desire to build on your therapy skills is a must!
- Thrive when working with others to support each other’s growth and work towards common goals- we love team players!
- Have a creative spirit and are energized by putting new ideas into motion.
- Want to be a part of a growing center that connects with other healers, yoga instructors, schools, and other organizations in the local community.
- Personally and professionally embrace themes of mindfulness, self-compassion, bravery, and vulnerability.
- Dream of the private practice life but don’t have the desire to run and manage a business- we have all of that covered so you can keep your focus in the therapy session.
Applicant Requirements (see additional info below for Specialty Positions):
- PhD or Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or Counseling
- Active NJ License to practice (LPC/LCSW preferred, *LAC/LSW considered with 2 years of experience post master’s degree)
- Minimum of two years POST-GRADUATE clinical experience working with individuals, couples, groups
- Must have experience working in areas of women’s mental health and possess relevant knowledge and training in evidence-based treatment approaches
- Adheres to the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct.
- Computer savvy, able to use electronic health records system, good organizational & time management skills.
- Available for some afternoon/evening and/or weekend hours for 20+ clients per week. Schedule may be mixed with daytime hours as well, but evening/weekend availability is required.
- Applicants may not have their own private practice.
Are you looking to expand or grow in a certain area of specialty? We are looking for therapists interested in specializing in the following areas:
Maternal Mental Health
If you are passionate about working with pregnant and postpartum women and moms with young children, consider applying to join our Maternal Mental Health team! This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to learn and be mentored in the field of maternal mental wellness, directly support moms in their motherhood journey, and help build community relationships and new maternal wellness programs in our new office.
Appropriate candidates must have advanced working knowledge of treatment of Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders (PMAD) through post-graduate training programs or review of literature in the field. Advanced post-graduate training preferred, but we are open to interviewing candidates willing to pursue further training such as the Maternal Mental Health Certificate through Postpartum Support International or the Post Graduate PPD Program at the Postpartum Stress Center (next date Sept 2018). Our MMH team is currently pursuing certification of all members through Postpartum Support International.
Counseling for Girls, Tweens, Teens & Family Therapy
If you feel called to help empower the next generation of women, consider applying to be a child/adolescent therapist in Mindful Soul’s new office. We receive countless referrals for youth and welcome applications from motivated candidates that will bring energy and creativity to this client population in our new office.
An ideal candidate should be open to blending creativity with clinical skills to offer comprehensive treatment for a full range of child/adolescent and mental health issues and be comfortable working with diverse family systems. Must be LGBTQIA affirming. Orientation in child-centered and attachment-focused modalities are a plus as well as training and interest in areas such as art therapy, play therapy, interpersonal neurobiology/attachment (Dan Siegel’s work), DBT skills, EMDR, and more. Must have a working knowledge of the NJ System of Care. Read more here about our services for girls, tweens, and teens.
Trauma therapists are a fascinating breed of clinicians that have the ability to be grounded in the presence of people suffering from deep emotional wounds such as childhood abuse & neglect, sexual abuse & assault, developmental trauma, dysfunctional family of origin systems, violent crimes, and more. As a counseling center that is rooted in trauma-informed practices, we are all “trauma therapists,” however candidates that specialize or desire to specialize in the field of treating trauma are encouraged to apply to work in this area at Mindful Soul.
Candidates interested in working with trauma should have background and a strong desire to learn more in some of the following areas: EMDR, attachment, Internal Family Systems (IFS), somatic approaches, AEDP, DBT, and have an interest in the neurobiology of trauma. A working knowledge of the local mental health system of care, solid crisis management skills, and the ability to reflect on issues of transference and counter-transference are necessary qualities in a trauma therapist at Mindful Soul. This position requires participation in regular clinical supervision and those seeking EMDR certification are able to complete consultation hours under Michelle Richardson.
Relationships, Couples Counseling, Sex Therapy
Do you connect well with women that are struggling in their relationships, having trouble with their sex life, or recovering from a break-up or divorce? If discussions on topics like communication, boundaries, gender roles, love, and intimacy get you inspired, then you might want to apply to be a relationship therapist at Mindful Soul. Relationships are a common theme in therapy for women and we welcome candidates that have a passion of helping women heal from relationship wounds in the past and build healthy relationships in their present.
Candidates that want to focus on counseling in the area of relationships should have experience working with both individuals and couples. A fundamental understanding of attachment and bonding, and training in areas such as Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT), Esther Perel, Gottman, sex therapy, and Imago required.
In order to apply for a position on our team, please send a cover letter, CV, and three professional references to Michelle Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Please note that all open positions are for the new office with an anticipated opening late spring/early summer 2019 and that current positions in Audubon and Collingswood offices are full at this time.